Editing

Editing



What is an edit?
Editing is when you go through your work and try to fix all spelling mistakes, grammar and punctuation, I mean sounds really simple but it is a long grueling process that I can not imagine anyone enjoying. I mean I feel like I am pointing out my mistakes and fixing them because my writing wasn't good enough in the first place.


But what are the most important things when it comes editing...
There is no simple answers to that question to be honest, I know my biggest problem is past, present, future tense and the difference between their, there or they're and then when I forget to write Women instead of Woman. Remember while correcting these mistakes to not alter your work too often, I mean I am the last person to comment because I always rewrite my work and it is often after two years so the essence of the story may be a little far away and forgotten.

So while your rewriting remember your weaknesses and don't forget that if you need help Grammarly is available...

Comments